Ruth Souhamy is our Thermo-Auricular Therapist. She trained in this form of ear candling with one of its founders, Sue Maunsell, in 2005.
- Relief of ear, nose & throat conditions and associated problems
- Aids relaxation & clarity
- May help to relieve ear pressure before an aeroplane flight & diving
- Biosun ear candles with safety filter used in all treatments.
- Concludes with a relaxing Aromatherapy Head/Neck/Facial Massage
- Discounted mini courses available after first treatment
At your first appointment you will be asked some questions about your medical history, general health, (in particular any ear, nose and throat problems), well-being and general lifestyle. Your ears will then be examined with an otoscope to check their general health, including the eardrum (tympanic membrane) and for any wax. The ear candles are then lit and inserted into your ear (one at a time), whilst you are lying on your side and held in place by the therapist – (the ‘candles’ are actually hollow tubes made from cotton, and infused with honey extract & herbs). This takes 10 minutes approximately in each ear. You are suitably covered during the whole process.
Please note that ear candling is not a replacement for treatment of medical conditions for which suitably qualified medical advice should be sought.
For more details, to visit, or for an appointment please call: